The 2021 Central Banking Awards virtual ceremony
The Central Bank was joined by representatives of the 2021 Central Banking Awards winners to celebrate their achievements at a virtual awards show released today.
The annual Central Banking Awards, now in their eighth year, recognize excellence in the central banking community,
The official presentation of the awards to governors and sector heads of central banks and market practitioners, as well as to Charles Goodhart, winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award, was made by Christopher Jeffery, editor-in-chief and Chairman of the Central Bank Committee rewards.
The Central Banking Awards trophies, made from sustainable materials, were presented in a virtual ceremony that marked the first day of the new Central Bank flagship. Central bank summer meetings, which includes sections on monetary policy, financial stability, fintech, and reserves.
The summer meetings are part of an initiative to increase and improve central bank services to the community, and follow the launch of the Central Bank Institute and the Central Banking Benchmarking Service at the end of 2020.
Many laureates, including Alejandro Díaz de León, Koba Gvenetadze, Mark Gould, Ton Roos and Lajos Bartha, attend the central bank’s summer meetings, which include a “fireside chat” with Charles Goodhart, professor emeritus of the London School of Economics and former Policy Officer at the Bank of England.
See timetables below to see individual award categories and acceptance comments from luminaries such as Jerome Powell, Alejandro Díaz de León, Perry Warjiyo, Benjamin Diokno, Mário Centeno, Ayman Al-Sayari and Charles Goodhart.
- 02:32 Payment services: ACI Worldwide
- 04:49 Payments and market infrastructure (retail): Central Bank of Hungary
- 08:11 Payments and Market Infrastructure (Wholesale): Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- 10:04 AM Financial Market Infrastructure Provider: Bloomberg
- 10:52 Foreign Exchange Service Provider: Crane Currency
- 12:39 p.m. Foreign Exchange Services Initiative: CCL Secure Recycling Program
- 13:42 Currency Initiative: European Central Bank and Federal Reserve CDI2 standards
- 16:02 Head of Foreign Exchange: National Bank of Ukraine
- 17:10 Guarantee Management Services: Calypso Technology
- 19:02 Risk management technology: Ionic treasury
- 7:45 p.m. Treasury Systems Initiative: Refinitiv
- 20:24 Specialized loan initiative: Clearstream
- 10:15 p.m. World market prices: BNP Paribas
- 23:36 Reserve Management Innovation Award: World Bank Treasury and ANZ Bank
- 24h31 Asset Manager of the Year: BNP Paribas asset management
- 26:58 Reserve Manager of the Year: Bank Indonesia
- 29:50 Climate portfolio services: RepRisk
- 32:11 Climate Initiative: HSBC
- 33:34 Green initiative: Bank of England
- 36:56 Risk manager: National Bank of Georgia
- 39:08 Initiative of the Year: Saudi Central Bank Business Continuity Program
- 41:01 Advisory Services: Oliver Wyman
- 42:40 Communication initiative: Bank of Portugal
- 44:20 Transparency Award: National Bank of Georgia
- 46:36 Website of the Year: Central Bank of the Philippines
- 48:29 Economy in the central bank: Global Trade Invoice Currency Models, Emine Boz, Camila Casas, Georgios Georgiadis, Gita Gopinath, Helena Le Mezo, Arnaud Mehl and Tra Nguyen
- 50:05 Central Bank of the Year: Federal Reserve
- 52:16 Governor of the Year: Alejandro Díaz de León
- 58:03 Lifetime Achievement Award: Charles Goodhart